Job Title: Orthoptist Canberra Eye Surgeons
Job Type: Full time
Location: Deakin, Canberra ACT
Canberra Eye Surgeons is a modern, centrally located, busy private practice with a broad range of subspecialties. We are well-established in Canberra within newly built premises.
Orthoptists are an integral part of our Ophthalmic team, providing patient focused support to the Ophthalmologists, administrative group and the Day Theatre. We have a fast paced, supportive work environment. Our practice is growing, so we are seeking a new Orthoptist to join our team!
Duties include but are not limited to
- General Ophthalmic work up with slit lamp
- Accurately performing diagnostic testing including IOL Master, OCT, Photography, Corneal Topography, Visual Fields
- IOL calculations and applying individual doctor protocols in cataract surgery IOL selection
- assisting with intravitreal injections
- participation in Orthoptic paediatric clinics and Ophthalmic country clinics
Regular work hours are dependent on Ophthalmologist’s schedules but are routinely from 8.30am -5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexible rostering for early starts/late finishes.
The position would suit an Orthoptist who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and diligent with a strong commitment to patient care. Training will be provided.
Completion of a Master/Bachelor of Orthoptics or equivalent and eligibility for registration with the Australian Orthoptic Board required.
Remuneration negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Experienced or new graduate Orthoptists are encouraged to apply.
Please Contact: Chau Olson, Orthoptic Team Leader
Phone: 02 6249 6000